South Indiana Air Conditioning System Maintenance and Repair
Our goal is to keep you and your family comfortable in your home all year long. With summer temperatures commonly exceeding 90 degrees in Indiana, an efficient air conditioning system is essential.
If your air conditioning system is experiencing difficulty keeping your house cool, or your utility bills have suddenly risen, your unit may require service or repair. Our licensed technicians can help you identify the issue and work out precisely what needs to be done to resolve it.
OUR AIR CONDITIONING SERVICES INCLUDE:
To keep your home air conditioning system functioning correctly, annual inspections and maintenance of the unit are essential. Our performance tune-ups can help reduce monthly utility bills, prevent future issues, and extend the life of your air conditioning unit.
Depending on which type of system you have, a typical tune-up involves a series of various tests and inspections to ensure that there are no significant issues with your equipment, followed by a thorough cleaning of specific components.
Even with the very best maintenance, every home air conditioning system experiences normal wear and tear. Regular inspections help to catch small problems before they have the chance to grow into bigger ones. Joining our Comfort Club program will provide you with two tune-ups a year as well as significant discounts if repair or replacement is needed.
After an inspection, If an issue is detected, our qualified home air condtioning service contractors can use their knowledge, experience, and specialized equipment to get your A/C functioning at optimal levels. We are available 24/7, 7 days a week. If there is an emergency, we are ready and willing to provide the service you need to stay cool and comfortable, no matter the hour.
New Air-Conditioning Units
If your home needs a new air conditioning system, you have a few options to choose from, and we can help you find the right one for you. As a Carrier factory authorized dealer, we offer only the best of the following systems:
- Heat pumps: This outdoor type of HVAC system utilizes an electric hot air exchange process to not only heat your home but cool it as well. This type of unit is very energy efficient and is an excellent choice if you are looking to cut back on your monthly operating costs.
- Air conditioners: Essentially, air conditioners work in the same way as heat pumps. They draw air from outside your home, remove the heat, and blow the clod air inside. However, A/C units cannot reverse the process, meaning you need a separate system to heat your house.
- Geothermal heat pumps: These systems are similar to traditional heat pumps, but as its name suggests, they use geothermal energy from the earth to heat and cool your house. These units make for an excellent investment, as they can last 10-15 years longer than their traditional counterparts.
- Air handling units (AHUs): An air handling unit works hand in hand with your heat pump or air conditioner, using fans to circulate air throughout your home.
How often should I change my air filter?
At the risk of telling you something you’re tired of hearing, replace the air filter in your furnace on a regular basis. Dirty air filters reduce the amount of air flowing through a system and make the furnace work harder to maintain the temperature. How often you change the filter depends on the type of filter you use, if you have pets, and the size of your equipment. Please give us a call and we can give you proper guidance.
How can I reduce my energy costs for cooling?
- Upgrade to a high-efficiency air conditioner – Swapping your old, inefficient air conditioning system for a high-efficient one can cut electricity bills by one-third. Consult one of our professional technicians to ensure your system is the right size for your home, and you aren’t over- or under-cooling for your space needs.
- Turn up the temperature — To save electricity during the summer, set the temperature above 75° as every degree below this will add an extra three to five percent to your energy bill.
- Install ceiling fans — Change the direction of airflow on your ceiling fans. In the summer, the blades should operate in a counter-clockwise direction as a way of creating a nice, gentle wind.
- Have an annual maintenance performed — Having an annual maintenance performed on your air conditioner by a licensed technician will help ensure it operates at its peak efficiency and catches any potential breakdowns before they occur.
- Don’t block vents in well-used rooms — Keep your supply and return air vents free of objects like blinds, carpets or furniture so your air conditioner can operate efficiently and there is even cool air distribution.
Is Freon as a refrigerant being discontinued?
Yes. As of January 2010 the refrigerant R-22 (what consumers call Freon®) is no longer allowed to be used in the manufacturing of new equipment. R-22 has been used as the “standard” refrigerant for many years but has been found to be harmful to our planet by our government. All new air conditioners and heat pumps use R-410A, the more “environmentally sound” refrigerant.
R-22 is still the most commonly used refrigerant in existing air conditioning equipment in residential homes today. However, per the Montreal Protocol, caps have been established to eliminate the production of R-22. In 2004, there was a 35% reduction; in 2010 there was a 65% reduction; in 2015 a 90% reduction; and finally in 2020 a 99.5% reduction in the production of R-22. This means that during the time of these reductions with high demand, the price of each pound of R-22 refrigerant could potentially skyrocket.
If you are considering replacing your existing air conditioning equipment, most higher efficiency products have already made the switch to R-410A, the more “environmentally sound” refrigerant.
My air conditioner is very loud when I entertain outside, what can I do?
A difference of 6 decibels (such as between 72 dB and 78 dB) is technically a four-fold increase in compressor sound when rating air conditioners or heat pump units. However, it takes a difference of 10 decibels to double the loudness. It is also noted that it takes approximately 3 decibels for the average human ear to discern any difference in loudness at all.
Great strides have been made in reducing the operating sound level of equipment. We will be happy to show you the difference in sound ratings with our product line.
What To Expect
Discover the Difference
Our family’s dedication to world-class customer service has helped us expand from a one-truck operation to a close-knit team of HVAC and plumbing experts.
We back all our services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee for your peace of mind.
Our excellent track record of quality service and happy customers has earned us a consistent A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
You never have to worry whether Reliable Comfort can provide service because we work with all HVAC and plumbing equipment brands.
To make repair, maintenance, and installation more accessible, we offer a variety of online specials for discounts on whatever services you may need.
HVAC and plumbing emergencies can be nerve-racking. Reliable Comfort offers emergency services to fix sudden problems fast.
Don’t take our word for it
What Our Clients Are Saying
I can’t say enough good things about this company, they truly do live up to their name: RELIABLE!S. Mahoney Google Review
I have health issues that make it fatal to be in hot temperatures for very long. My AC unit broke down (the motor and the starting component, I believe) in the middle of the night, and with high temperatures expected…C. Abner Google Review
We have been long time customers of Reliable Comfort. We prefer doing business with a family owned/managed enterprise. Office staff are always personable and efficient. Service technicians are on time, knowledgeable and thorough. We recommend Reliable Comfort to our friends…J. Kerns Google Review
Just had a full duct cleaning and sealing job on my Carrier HP System by Cody, Logan, and Justin. The guys were great – very professional, very nice and polite, and very careful not to disturb or damage any of…T. Parsons
I have relied on Reliable Comfort for my furnace/AC needs for 10 years and have always found the technicians to be knowledgeable and kind to work with. They never try to push any new products, but do make an effort…W. Artist
Just a note to thank you for the great employees you have. Rob was here today to explain and check some things on our heat pump. He is so personable, and knowable, the visit was great, and our questions were…J. Fisher