Backflow Prevention in Southern Indiana
From adverse health effects to damaging your Indiana home water system, reverse water flow can have major drawbacks. Utilize the standout installation of a new backflow prevention system in your home when you choose the experts at Reliable Comfort to get your water — and your home safety — moving in the right direction.
5 Benefits of Having a Backflow Preventer System
From keeping your safety up to code to ensuring a potable water supply in your home, backflow preventers come with several benefits, such as:
- Safe water: Backflow preventers ensure a safe, usable water supply by expelling harmful contaminants.
- Damage prevention: Backflow can harm your home plumbing system via sporadic pipe pressure changes. Preventer systems will circumvent this.
- Safeguard your infrastructure: Your water supply system comprises numerous parts, pipes, valves, and more, which can be damaged by backflow. Having a preventer system will ensure these components are protected.
- Health preservation: Enjoy peace of mind with the numerous health benefits, such as increased protection against waterborne illnesses brought by cross-contamination.
- Code compliance: State law sets forth strict water safety guidelines. Entrusting an expert for backflow preventer installation will ensure you’re up to code.
How Do Backflow Preventers Work?
Water is only meant to flow in one direction. Backflow preventers are release valves installed in your water system to prevent the reverse flow of water by blocking and stopping it. These valves are triggered when the water tries to flow backward into the main water supply, where it can potentially become contaminated, and they stay open until the excess water is released and water levels normalize. This system lets the water go where it should but prevents it from returning to where it’s been.
Backflow Preventer Installation
Our experts begin by locating the optimal spot to install a backflow preventer in your existing piping infrastructure. We’ll ensure the best system is selected and measured to fit the exact specifications of your home layout. After preparing the connected piping, our team will thoroughly clean the surface area. Our trained technicians will use industry-grade products to connect your backflow preventer to ensure your water flows in the right direction.
Reliable Comfort employs only the top, highly trained experts for proper backflow preventer installation due to the complexity of the process and because improper operations will lead to further issues.
3 Reasons to Get Backflow System Testing Done
Getting your backflow system tested is the best way to ensure it’s working at optimal efficiency. Backflow testing is painless and mainly consists of monitoring pressure levels and inspecting components to ensure they’re in working order. This regular testing provides lasting benefits like:
- Uncompromised supply: While backflow preventers themselves are meant to maintain a safe water supply, having your system routinely tested will ensure peace of mind by ensuring all its components are in working order.
- Contamination prevention: The smallest hiccup with a component in your backflow preventer can lead to a contaminated water supply. Backflow testing will protect you from any invisible contamination that may be sneaking into your water.
- Quick detection: Modern backflow preventers are built to last. But if an issue arises, professional system testing will help you stay one step ahead of any excessive (and expensive) issues.
Why Choose Us?
For over two decades, Reliable Comfort has been the top choice for outstanding home services throughout the greater Southern Indiana region, including heating, cooling, plumbing, and much more. Our family-operated team includes the best, trained experts who utilize advanced techniques to bring you superior quality.
What To Expect
Discover the Difference
Our family’s dedication to world-class customer service has helped us expand from a one-truck operation to a close-knit team of HVAC and plumbing experts.
We back all our services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee for your peace of mind.
Our excellent track record of quality service and happy customers has earned us a consistent A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
You never have to worry whether Reliable Comfort can provide service because we work with all HVAC and plumbing equipment brands.
To make repair, maintenance, and installation more accessible, we offer a variety of online specials for discounts on whatever services you may need.
HVAC and plumbing emergencies can be nerve-racking. Reliable Comfort offers emergency services to fix sudden problems fast.
Don’t take our word for it
What Our Clients Are Saying
I can’t say enough good things about this company, they truly do live up to their name: RELIABLE!S. Mahoney Google Review
I have health issues that make it fatal to be in hot temperatures for very long. My AC unit broke down (the motor and the starting component, I believe) in the middle of the night, and with high temperatures expected…C. Abner Google Review
We have been long time customers of Reliable Comfort. We prefer doing business with a family owned/managed enterprise. Office staff are always personable and efficient. Service technicians are on time, knowledgeable and thorough. We recommend Reliable Comfort to our friends…J. Kerns Google Review
Just had a full duct cleaning and sealing job on my Carrier HP System by Cody, Logan, and Justin. The guys were great – very professional, very nice and polite, and very careful not to disturb or damage any of…T. Parsons
I have relied on Reliable Comfort for my furnace/AC needs for 10 years and have always found the technicians to be knowledgeable and kind to work with. They never try to push any new products, but do make an effort…W. Artist
Just a note to thank you for the great employees you have. Rob was here today to explain and check some things on our heat pump. He is so personable, and knowable, the visit was great, and our questions were…J. Fisher